General Facility Use Guidelines
- All members are required to produce their membership card for scanning upon entering the facility. All members and patrons are required to have a current signed waiver on file.
- Children 10 years and under must be accompanied by a person 16 years of age or older when using the facility. Children under the age of 14 are not allowed in the Fitness Areas except for situations authorized by the Executive Director in writing.
- If you lose your membership card, Rec Center Management should be notified immediately. Replacement cards or forgotten cards will be issued at a charge of $5.00.
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The South Park-Park and Recreation District or the Rec Center Management assumes no responsibility for loss or theft of personal property. It is recommended that you do not bring valuables into the facility. Locks for lockers are available at the Front Desk. Lockers are "day use" lockers only and any items left will be removed nightly. There will be a $15.00 charge if locks are lost or damaged.
- Misuse of the facility (foul language, unsafe or inappropriate behavior, damage of equipment or building) may result in immediate expulsion from the facility.
- Pets are not allowed on the premises. This includes dogs being tied outside the facility. Sight seeing dogs are allowed.
- No glass containers are allowed on the premises. Snacks, i.e., power bars, children’s snacks and drinks in plastic containers are allowed in the facility except for on the Pool Deck. No other food or drinks are allowed without prior arrangements with the Rec Center Management.
- No smoking, chewing tobacco or gum, and drinking of alcoholic beverages is permitted within the facility.
- Patrons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to utilize the facility.
- Sound equipment such as CD players, radios, etc., will not be allowed in the facility except with the use of headphones.
- Persons with colds, infectious diseases or open lesions should refrain from using the Rec Center facility.
- Members, patrons and guests must comply with the Rules and Regulations for specific areas of the Rec Center. Repeated violation of these Regulations could result in cancellation of membership or expulsion from the facility.
- The Rec Center Management reserves the right to adjust the operating hours without prior notice or close the facilities in case of special events or maintenance.
- The Rec Center Management reserves the right to change the above mentioned rules and regulations at any time.
Fitness Rules and Regulations
- All patrons are encouraged to consult a physician prior to starting an exercise program.
- Children between the ages of 14-17 may use the weight and/or cardiovascular machines unsupervised after they have attended a free orientation class on how to use them correctly and have a signed fitness card. Children under 14 are not permitted in the cardiovascular or weight areas except for situations authorized by the Executive Director in writing.
- No boom boxes are allowed in the fitness area. Sound equipment such as CD's, radios, etc., are allowed with the use of headphones.
- A shirt or tank top and closed toed athletic shoes must be worn at all times.
- No glass containers are allowed in the Fitness Area.
- All patrons are required to wipe down machines after use with disinfectant and clean paper towels which are supplied.
- Weights are to be returned to their designated storage area after use; please avoid the dropping or banging of weights.
- When using the weight machines allow other patrons to "work in" while you are resting.
- During peak times cardiovascular workouts should be limited to 20 minutes on each machine.
- Patrons waiting to use the cardiovascular equipment are encouraged to sign up on the Waiting List.
Pool Rules and Regulations
NOTE: Pool rules are not all inclusive. Additional rules may be enforced at the discretion of the Lifeguards.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the Pool.
- All children 5 years and under must be supervised by a person aged 16 or older in the water, and must within arm’s reach at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Children 6 – 10 years can be in the pool area without parental supervision as long as a parent or guardian aged 16 or older is in the facility and adequate swimming skills have been demonstrated to the lifeguard on duty.
- Children of diaper wearing age must have tight fitting plastic pants or swim diapers. No regular diapers are permitted.
- Proper swim attire is required. No cut offs or thong bikinis are permitted. T-shirts maybe worn at the discretion of the Lifeguard staff.
- Street shoes are NOT permitted in the Pool Area.
- Persons with severe colds, infectious/communicable diseases, open wounds or sores are not allowed in the swimming pool. Bandages and tape are not allowed in the swimming pool.
- Patrons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to utilize the Aquatic Facility.
- Children’s personal floatation devices must be U.S. Coast Guard Certified and are to be used only with one-on-one supervision from a person 16 years of age or older and that person must be within an arms length of the child.
- Inflatable floatation devices and pool toys such as balls are to be used at the discretion of the Lifeguard on duty. Their use will be determined based on pool usage and activities occurring.
- Food and/or drink are not allowed on the Pool Deck. Glass containers are prohibited.
- Diving is prohibited in all areas.
- No running or horseplay on the deck.
- The use of foul language or public displays of affection are prohibited.
- No hanging on the lane/safety lines.
- Spitting, chewing tobacco or gum is not allowed in the pool area.